What is a Skype Call Test?
A Skype call test is simply a test call to check:
- Audio – if you can hear the other person on other line or if you can hear your own voice.
- Video – if your video is working properly so the other person can also see you
- Settings – if your other settings such as volume and net connection allows you to have good call
How to do it?
- All you have to do is click the Skype Test Call Service and follow what the voice prompt says. What they ask you to do is to say something while they record your own voice. If you can hear you own voice, then it means its functioning well and you are ready to start.
Sample Skype Test Screen
(Note: There are not hearts in the real Skype window. I just stick the heart to cover my friends ID.)
Before you start your online class, it is better for you and your teacher to have a Skype Call test first every time you start your class. Sometimes technical problems can happen at a split second. That’s normal. If this case happens, what you can do it just to agree on having a make up class.
Now you are ready to start!
Thanks for reading,
Our FEA staff Yuto also brought this present from Japan. At first, I did not like how it looks, it looks like human waste (腸,小腸). 🙂 But when I tasted it, I never thought human waste could be so sweet and delicious! Crazy! hahaha
In Philippines we also have the same kind of food which has almost the exact taste but we use white sugar, not brown sugar. The taste is very familiar to me so I really loved it!
Looks yucky but tastes yummy… 🙂
In Cebu City these days, there’s a growing number of Japanese restaurants. Perhaps this is because they are many more Japanese studying English here. There’s a fine-dining Japanese restaurant that serves real authentic food, like the ones you eat in Japan. It is priced a bit more expensive than the ordinary Japanese restaurant. The ordinary Japanese restaurant are like semi-fast food style — such as Tokyo Joes. Red Kimono is also a popular restaurant in malls. Another popular Japanese restaurant is Rai Rai Ken. Their noodles are yummy!
One time, I had dinner at Kagura Restaurant. It was so yummy especially their Okonimiyake. It was mouthewatering! But at first, I found it strange. It looked strange. The toppings looked liked the shavings of a sharepened pencil. 🙂 And I also order Buchi and it looked like a rubber eraser to my eye! hahaha… Perhaps Japanese likes studying too much? 🙂
It was EUREKA MOMENT when I ate Okonomiyake! THE BEST!!! There were two Buchis, the one with the seaweed wrapper did not appeal to me much but the sweeter buchi was something very unique.
If you come to Cebu try these restaurants. You wouldn’t be homesick.
Thanks for reading,
This is just a very simple post about something that is not really related to learning English, but I can’t help posting this because this made me very very happy! My friend Jun Saito gave me this lip balm last December. I did not use it, not until last week because I was very afraid that I would have allergy (because I do not trust Jun Saito’s choice! Hahaha!) Last week, I decided to give this a try. Jun gave me many but I gave others to my friends and Verbena Hotel staff. The moment I used it I felt like I won in a lottery! This will be my favorite lip balm maybe forever unless Jun would recommend another brand! It is very moisturizing and it gives my lips that soft feeling. So I have to say good bye to my old favorite Chapstick and say hello forever to Deep Moist!
For a kissable smooth lips!
(Deep Moist should pay me for posting this! ^^ )
Got this from the net.
GOOD BYE CHAPSTICK! You were my partner for 5 years but I we have to break up now…
Bring your favorite lip balm if you come to Cebu. The weather is hot and sometimes dry so you will surely need this.
Thanks for reading,
Japanese staff Yuto gave this present from Japan. He strictly ordered that it should only be eaten on Feb. 3! I do not know the reason why.. but maybe these beans would turn into gold by Feb. 3.
I am excited for Feb. 3! This is my first time to receive this kind of present — with an expiry date on when to open. Sounds very exciting, it’s like waiting for Santa Claus at Christmas Eve! This must be delicious!
FEA MACTAN to Open Soon!
On February the school-resort type accommodation of Firstwellness English Academy will open!
- Resort Type – For students who wants to relax
- Peaceful and Quiet – For students who wants to have serene atmosphere and concentration. Less distraction. This is ideal for student who wishes to focus on taking exams such as TOEIC.
- No Pollution – The air in Mactan is more fresh due to less cars. If you want to breathe fresher like from the countryside, this place is for you.
- Beautiful View of Nature – On the side you can see a beach while hearing the splashes of the waves. Also, you can watch the stars at night while you stay nearby the swimming p
(Hi! This me, Teacher Karissa – She will handle Mactan Branch, and Teacher Wendell – Verbena Branch assistant. Nice to meet you all!)
HAVE FUN WHILE LEARNING!
RELAX WHILE YOU STUDY!
HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL!